How to Find a Logo Designer Online
Clarify your internet search and get better results
Often you can type your how-to’s into a search engine like Google, DuckDuckGo, Bing or other system and you can usually find what you’re looking for in a matter of clicks. Sadly, when it comes to first-time business owners looking for quality information about getting a logo for their business, the results are overwhelming, and to many professional identity designers, frightening.
When you start to look at the best logo for your business, logo design in particular, it’s important to know what you’re looking for.
First, if you are in search of a logo designer or—depending on your preference—a design agency, you’ve made an excellent choice! Cost (in 2023) may range from $750 to $5,000 and, this investment is worth it for anyone who sees a future for their company.
So, how do you find a custom logo designer online?
Perhaps you’ve discovered already that when you type “logo design” into any search engine, or “custom logo design” for that matter, here’s what you get:
- Services selling cheap, quick-turn-around logos
- Instant logo generators that create an image for you at a very low cost (or free!)
- Complicated marketplaces that require understanding the platform before getting to a directory
- Template-based logos from websites that can’t guarantee authenticity such as Canva
Copy and paste these suggestions into your search engine with the terms that are relevant to you:
- Logo designer + [Location – yours or a specific region of your choice]
- Identity system + graphic designer + [Relevant Region]
- Logo design portfolio + logo designer + [Relevant Region]
- Brand Identity + Designer + [Region]
- Logo design company + [Region]
- Branding company [Region]
- Graphic design companies in [Region]
Additional Online Tips for Finding a Logo Designer
- LinkedIn is a network that can provide phenomenal results. Reach out to your group or message other business owners you follow, for recommended logo design professionals.
- Use Facebook or Instagram and in the search bar type in hashtags #logodesigner a hashtag for your location.
Any graphic designer who hopes to use resources beyond their website to gather more leads, will be hoping to find you. When you are searching for resources on any referral-based network or social media platform, specificity is key to narrowing down your options.
Next Steps: Making the Final Decision
First, this won’t happen without a 1:1 call so check out the websites of a few designers or agencies you would like to hire and evaluate the following:
- Look at the design portfolio
- Read their about page
- Schedule a free consultation to get a feel for your logo designer’s demeanor and process
For the logo designer you choose to work with, request a contract and ask how to begin.
At Ricecmd, we want to help you move to the next step of your new business. Go make a difference, embrace your independence, and celebrate each milestone. Good luck and carry on!